Raptor handlers work in animal centers, zoos, and other establishments that have raptor birds for entertainment or conservation purposes. Raptor handlers are primarily responsible for the care and training of birds such as hawks, eagles, and owls. They maintain the health of the raptors and ensure that they have sanitary living environments. Raptor handlers develop training programs and maintain the good condition of raptor equipment. Aside from this, raptor handlers also perform tasks involving interaction with varied audience such as students, donors, and science professionals. They often serve as spokesperson for the specific advocacy of the raptors and may conduct presentations on-site or in other locations such as schools.
Sample Raptor handler CV Template
Leicestershire, LE15 3TU
Independent and industrious worker is seeking employment as a raptor handler where I can share my knowledge and skills in handling raptors and creatively presenting them to a broad audience.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess three years of experience working as a raptor handler.
- Highly capable of handling and training raptors.
- Comprehensive knowledge in proper care and diet for raptors.
- Can work independently and also a team player.
- Willing to work flexible work hours and to travel.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Raptor Handler, Nature Raptor Centre
- Give daily care to raptors and ensure healthy living environment.
- Develop and implement training program for raptors.
- Present raptors to different audiences and also travel to schools to discuss about raptors.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Leicestershire College
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.