An environmental technician is a professional that works under the supervision of an environmental scientist. He/she is primarily responsible for monitoring the environment to determine its condition. An environmental technician utilizes different procedures and methods to identify the sources of pollution in the environment. He/she conducts research work and laboratory tests to determine the pollutants, a step which is important in finding effective ways to clean the environment. Environmental technicians must possess knowledge in conducting scientific research and preparing scientific reports as well as communicate the results well to a variety of stakeholders.
Sample Environmental Technician CV Template
Oak Close, Birmingham
West Midlands, B19 9AW
Analytical thinker exposed to working in different kinds of environments is seeking a job as an environmental technician in a work place where I can enhance my knowledge and skills.
Summary of Qualification
- With three years of work experience as an environmental technician.
- Excellent analytical and data gathering skills.
- Knowledgeable of different laboratory tests to identify pollutants.
- Can work in varying environmental conditions.
- Willing to travel to remote locations to conduct field work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Environmental Technician, Science Research Co.
- Collect samples from the environment such as air, soil, and water for laboratory testing.
- Conduct laboratory tests to identify pollutants present in samples.
- Analyse data and prepare scientific reports.
- Discuss results with environmental scientist.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Birmingham College
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.