Environmental advocacy officers are employed in non-government, non-profit organizations whose thrust is to advance environmental awareness, preservation, and conservation. They are primarily responsible for creating advocacy programs and campaigns to effectively promote and publicize the objectives and advocacies of the organization. Environmental advocacy officers perform an essential role in advancing the concerns of the organization to government officials, agencies, and other organizations that can create policies, regulations, and conduct activities that could significantly promote environmental protection or address specific environmental issues. They are therefore involved in lobbying efforts and also interact with media for publicity.
Sample Environmental Advocacy Officer CV Template
Fulbourne Road, Walthamstow
London, E15 4EG
Creative and motivated self-starter is searching for a job as an environmental advocacy officer in an organization where I can pursue my passion while advancing concerns to the general public.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess three years of experience working as an environmental advocacy officer.
- Sound knowledge of environmental laws and policies.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Skilled in motivating and persuading individuals.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Can interact with lawmakers, executive officials, and other authorities to promote advocacy.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Environmental Advocacy Officer, Clean Environment Organization
- Lead the creation of advocacy plans to generate support for advocacies.
- Supervise the implementation of advocacy campaigns for publication in tri-media.
- Involved in networking and lobbying efforts to gather support from lawmakers and other influential individuals or groups.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.