“Take only photographs; leave only footprints”. That’s the message from Ecotour Guides who are nature tour guides by profession but with a focus on protecting the environment. Ecotour Guides stand as a pillar in sustainable ecotourism in countries that put effort in preserving their natural beauty while allowing tourists to enjoy them. They are assigned to guide local and foreign tourists in enjoying nature and wildlife preserves and implementing ecology friendly rules in the process. That means no beer cans, chewing gums candy wrappers, or any artifact of human eating left behind on their trails.
Sample Ecotour Guide CV Template
Alvin S. Portman
Salford, Manchester, UK
To be part of a team of Ecotour Guides for a thriving nature and wildlife tour operator
2003 – Present: Ecotour Guide, Northview Ecotours, Plc. Manchester
- Coordinate with operator for the schedule of tours
- Organize pre-tour briefings on the itinerary, emergency procedures, good conduct and cautions on the ecological balance.
- Conduct post activity briefings on the problems and incidents during the tour that need to be addressed
- Educate travelers on responsible tourist behaviors
- Ensure safety of the travelers also the environment.
- A strong love of nature
- Excellent trekking and backpacking experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and people skills
- Excellent health and physical condition – can hike with a 40-pound backpack
- Excellent leadership qualities to command a group
- Own personal reliable transportation suitable for rugged terrain
- Maintains residence near ecotourist site
Cited by management between 2004 and 2009 for consistent high performance rating
2001 – 2002: Diploma is Travel and Tourism, Thames Valley University, Berkshire
Can be provided upon request