Telecommunication is a field that has grown rapidly especially after the introduction of mobile phones and the Internet. People of all ages and walks of life are dependent on mobile phones and the internet for sending and receiving information in the shortest time possible. Many businesses are dependent on telecommunication tools for their day to day running. Engineering jobs within the telecommunication industry are therefore increasing but so is the competition for these jobs. Telecom engineers arise from different engineering fields. A telecom engineer can be an electrical engineer, software engineer, computer engineer, civil engineer or mechanical engineer.
Telecom engineer CVs should reflect an eagerness to learn as engineers come from different fields. Employers are interested in engineers both with experience and without experience as most telecom companies provide training. Here is an example of CV sample for a telecom engineer.
Sample Telecom Engineer CV
Telephone No: 3434 34 3 4554
Mobile No: 343 545 4 564
Electrical engineer with five years of working experience; seeking position as a telecom engineer in a mobile service provider. The position should provide for advancement in the field of telecommunications engineering. Willing to relocate or travel to outposts if need arises.
BSc Electrical Engineering- Atlanta University- 2003 – 2004
Diploma in Information Technology- Atlanta University- 2001 – 2002
2004 – 2007: Electrical engineer at Wires and Hires Electrical Engineering Firm
• Installation of electrical wires in privately owned homes, office buildings and shopping centers
• Installation of security alarm systems
• Designed electrical wiring layouts
• Installed heavy duty industrial equipment in factories and firms
• Inspected wiring in buildings and ensured they met with the standards and codes set in the building code and regulations
2002 – 2004: Call Center Agent at the Calling Center BPO
• Carried out online research
• Wrote articles for online websites, blogs and pop up ads
• Proofread and edited articles and web content
2002 – 2006 Coach of Swimming Team at the YMCA
• Taught beginners basic swimming skills
• Assisted experienced swimmers to improve their swimming techniques
• Head Web content writer at Calling Center BPO
• Coach of the YMCA swimming team that was awarded the second runners up best overall team prize in 2004
• Winner of the coach of the year award at the YMCA in 2004