Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Engineers are tasked with the technical design, development and deployment of power generating systems harnessing solar energy commercial and residential use. These include the main solar collecting panels, structural support facilities and power storage batteries. They also serve as sales engineers to provide clients with technical and sales order support to both organizations and individuals.
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Engineer CV Format
Engr. Gerald T. Higgins
W. Camello St., De, Santa Barbara, CA
Phone: (805) 354-7998
To work as a Lead Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Engineer for a large alternate power generating company.
2004 – Present: Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Engineer, Solar Enertech Corp , CA
- Design and develop the blueprint for the construction of solar photovoltaic systems including peripheral structures and appliance for storing electrical energy for residential and commercial applications.
- Work with a team of electrical and mechanical engineers in developing, testing and standardizing solar power systems.
- Coordinate with marketing in the development of tariffs for cost recovery.
- Implement part procurement standards for outsourced parts to ensure compliance with assembly standards.
- Implement the aftersales technical service guidelines for technicians.
Skills and Qualification
- About 10 years of experience in developing solar based power generating systems.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
2002 – Present: In-house trainings on alternate power generating technologies 2002: Passed board exams to become a Professional Engineer
1999 – 2002: BS Electrical Engineering, Concordia University, Wisconsin
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request