Depending with the extent and nature of engineering operations, professional engineers are headed by lead or senior engineers for each area of expertise and they all report to the Engineering Director or VP who is responsible for providing the overall leadership in managing the resources allotted to the department. The Engineering Director has both technical competence and managerial skills that bring the engineering teams to work in accordance with business and operational objectives.
Engineering Director CV Template
Engr. Richard W. Foster
Baker St., London, UK
To work as an Engineering Director for a large manufacturing or research-intensive company.
2003 – Present: Engineering Director, Advance Builders, Ltd. London
- Oversee multiple simultaneous engineering projects to ensure compliance with work standards and ethics
- Development and implement accepted engineering budgets and supervise actual expenses
- Discuss and negotiate with the clients in finalizing the engineering specifications.
- Negotiate with suppliers in supporting engineering projects to acquire the best financial deals.
- Present engineering blueprints, project standing updates and incident reports to project investors.
- Conduct annual performance rating of engineers
- Perform administrative and oversight tasks in approving plans, expenditures, imposing policies and employing and firing of engineers.
- Excellent organization, analytical and multitasking skills with ability to work under intense pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, managerial and leadership skills
Cited by the CEO between 2004 and 2006 for the department’s consistent achievement in meeting performance objectives
2001: passed the Engineering Council’s regulatory qualification as a Chartered Engineer
1998 – 2001: BS in Electrical Engineering, Magdelen College, Oxford University
Can be provided upon request