The vice president for development and alumni affairs serves as the chief development officer in many universities. He/she reports directly to the university president and is primarily responsible for providing leadership over development and alumni affairs programs of the university. The vice president for development and alumni affairs ensures planning, coordination, and management of public affairs and in securing private support from foundations and other funding agencies for university development. He/she leads and coordinates alumni activities in the university which may also include alumni donations and alumni homecoming events. He/she also ensures proper documentation and maintenance of records involving alumni affairs. The vice president for development and alumni affairs must possess exceptional skill in interpersonal relations.
Sample Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs CV Template
Bridport Place, Islington
London, N1 6JN
Flexible and self-starter is searching for a job as vice president for development and alumni affairs in a university where I can give meaningful contributions to the university’s development.
Summary of Qualification
- With six years of work experience as vice president for development and alumni affairs.
- Vast knowledge in fundraising activities and capital campaigns.
- Possess progressive record of accomplishments in the field.
- Highly capable of managing and leading fundraising campaigns.
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs, London University
- Coordinate and lead alumni and development activities.
- Establish effective program that reaches out to alumni and gather significant support.
- Maintain complete alumni records and ensure constant updating.
2000 – 2003: Master of Science in Development Communication, London University
1996 – 2000: Bachelor of Science in Development Communication, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.