The vice president for research performs executive administrative functions in a university. He/she works directly under the university president and is an important part of the top administration. The vice president for research leads, directs, and provides administrative oversight of the university’s research and extension efforts. He/she must efficiently manage the office of university research and promote a culture of academic research among the university faculty and students. He/she also establishes strategic research focus areas and develops a research program that adheres to university and government standards and thrusts.
Sample University Vice President for Research CV Template
Hale Village, Liverpool
Merseyside, L27 5RR
Passionate and hard-working individual is looking for employment as vice president for research in a university where I can share my passion for new knowledge and technological advancements.
Summary of Qualification
- Five years of professional experience as vice president for research.
- Proven track record of conducting funded research.
- Possess significant research advancements.
- Knowledgeable of research-related government standards and policies.
- Strong reasoning, analytical, and communication skills.
- An effective communicator with skills in interacting with students and administrators.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Vice President for Research, Liverpool University
- Implement and create collaborative research initiatives for students and faculty.
- Develop research program that is timely and relevant while also promoting the mission and vision of the university.
- Search for collaborative work with funding agencies and other academic institutions.
2001 – 2004: Master of Science in Management, Liverpool University
1997 – 2001: Bachelor of Science in Management, Liverpool University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.