Statistics professors are employed in universities and colleges where they teach statistics courses that may be basic or advanced. Statistics professors must be good at numbers and possess strong skills and knowledge in computation and mathematical applications. They should be ready to handle classes that are for graduate or undergraduate degrees. Some universities also offer online courses which statistics professors may need to handle. Statistics professors need to have master’s or doctorate degrees to be qualified to become professors. Most statistics professors are also involved in other functions such as research work, and participation in university committees.
Sample Statistics Professor CV Template
Leopold Street, Bow
London, E3 5LG
Phone: 123 7351 5557
Motivated and results-oriented individual is searching for employment as a statistics professor in a university where I can be an advantageous addition to the teaching staff.
Summary of Qualification
- Five years of work experience as a statistics professor.
- Demonstrate ability to teach graduate and undergraduate courses.
- Capable of developing research program in the field.
- Skilled in conducting scholarly research work and papers for publication in journals.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Strong skills in handling diverse students and interacting with other professors.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Statistics Professor, London University
- Handle graduate and undergraduate courses in basic and advance statistics.
- Conduct and participate in statistical research projects.
- Perform duties as a university committee member.
2000 – 2004: Master of Science in Statistics, London University
1996 – 2000: Bachelor of Science in Statistics, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.