Sociology professors work as part of the teaching personnel of universities and colleges. They may hold different professorial positions from associate professor to assistant professor depending on educational attainment and work experience. Sociology professors teach graduate and undergraduate sociology courses where they may be required to handle night, weekend, or online classes aside from the regular weekday courses. They may teach basic sociology courses that deal with the introduction to social work and sociology. Sociology professors deal with subjects that involve the study of man, their interactions and relations, and society. They must be analytical thinkers and study human behaviour and relations based on experience, observation, and research.
Sample Sociology Professor CV Template
Paisley, PA4 2BE
Committed professional with a passion for teaching is looking for a job as a sociology professor for a university that values academic excellence and quality education.
Summary of Qualification
- Six years of experience working as a sociology professor.
- With experience in teaching graduate and undergraduate courses.
- Knowledgeable in basic and advance sociology courses such as Research Methods.
- Innovative in integrating technology to improve course discussions.
- Proficient in the English language for written and oral communication.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Sociology Professor, London University
- Handle graduate and undergraduate sociology courses.
- Serve on university committees and regularly attend meetings for academic purposes.
- Conduct socially significant research work.
2000 – 2003: Master of Science in Sociology, London University
1996 – 2000: Bachelor of Science in Sociology, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.