Physics professors teach physics subjects in colleges and universities. They are experts in the science of matter, their properties, and the changes that they undergo, including practical events that can be explained by physics. Physics professors teach lecture subjects as well as handle laboratory classes where the laws and principles of physics are demonstrated and studied. Physics professors must be knowledgeable in both mathematics and science. They must have a highly analytical mind and must be capable of integrating different disciplines in studying motion and other subject areas under physics. They may specialize in subjects such as laser physics, thermodynamics, applied physics, and others.
Sample Physics Professor CV Template
Liverpool, L4 5UX
Hard-working professional with outstanding academic background is searching for a position as a physics professor in a reputable university where I can further enhance my knowledge while being an advantageous addition to the teaching staff.
Summary of Qualification
- Five years of professional experience as a physics professor.
- Sound knowledge in the principles of physics and mathematics.
- Demonstrate ability to handle laboratory classes effectively.
- Innovative in creating lesson plans and teaching materials.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Physics Professor, Liverpool University
- Take charge of five subjects in physics and thermodynamics.
- Occasionally take on research work and write technical papers for science journals.
2001 – 2004: Master of Science in Thermodynamics, Liverpool University
1997 – 2001: Bachelor of Science in Physics, Liverpool University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.