Physical education teachers work in high schools or grade schools. Some teachers may also work in colleges and universities. These teachers are experts in the subject of physical education which includes basic topics about the human body and its functions and processes. Physical education teachers give students important information about how to keep their body healthy and fit through proper exercise and physical activity. They may teach specific sports such as basketball, lawn tennis, volleyball, badminton, swimming or other activities such as chess. Physical education teachers must be physically fit to cope with the rigors of the job and must also be ready to hold outdoor and field classes.
Sample Physical Education Teacher CV Template
Edinburgh, EH9 9YL
Physically fit and active education graduate is looking for a job as a physical education teacher in a school where my knowledge can be advanced and I can be a beneficial addition to the teaching staff.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years working as a physical education teacher.
- Knowledgeable in health and fitness principles.
- Involved in regular physical activities and highly capable of holding classes requiring actual sports classes.
- Familiar with the different sports disciplines and their rules.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Physical Education Teacher, Edinburgh School
- Teach students basic human systems and their care.
- Hold classes in the field where students are taught different kinds of sports.
- Give training to students that have shown potential to enter sports competitions.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Education Major in Physical Education, Edinburgh University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.