Medical professors work in medical colleges and universities. They are responsible for teaching basic medical courses or courses in their field of specialization. Medical professor are graduates of medicine and must have proper certification and licensure. They may have specialization in paediatrics, surgery, obstetrics-gynecology, oncology, family medicine, urology, neurology, and other branches of medicine. Medical professors must also be capable of patient care aside from performing teaching duties. They should be well-trained in their chosen field and also have fellowship training and internship experience. Medical professors may have had private practice or continue practicing medicine in their own time.
Sample Medical Professor CV Template
Dr. Jennifer Kidman
Marston Road, Birmingham
West Midlands, B26 5NN
Analytical and committed professional is looking for a job as a medical professor in a university where I can use my skills and knowledge in generating doctors that are passionate about healing the sick.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of work experience as a medical professor.
- Possess expertise in the field of paediatrics and general medicine.
- Skilled in providing patient care.
- Demonstrate capability in motivating students and driving them to pursue for excellence.
- Outstanding social and interpersonal skills.
- Organized and efficient in performing duties.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Medical Professor, London University
- Teach basic medical courses such as human anatomy and specialized courses in paediatrics.
- Provide appropriate training and supervision for house staff.
- Establish independent research program.
2002 – 2005: Paediatrics, London University
1996 – 2002: Doctor of Medicine, London University
1992 – 1996: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Birmingham University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.