Literature professors are employed in universities and colleges. They have creative talent and are skilled in writing literary works. Literature professors study and teach the history and concepts of literature, different genre and forms of literary writing, as well as literary writers. They may also teach courses about literary criticism and review where students learn to give their own views about the works of known writers or those of their peers. Literature professors are graduates of English or literature degrees which they also specialize in in their master’s or doctorate degrees. They may specialize in topics like world literature or in specific genre like poetry, short story, or novel writing.
Sample Literature Professor CV Template
Stratford, London E17 5LA
Flexible and resourceful individual with creative writing talent is seeking a job as a literature professor in a university where I can enhance my skills both in teaching and writing.
Summary of Qualification
- Six years of professional experience as a literature professor.
- Possess a high level of creativity and interest in literary writing.
- Knowledgeable in different genre of literature and literary criticism.
- Exceptional skill in interacting with and dealing with graduate and undergraduate students.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Literature Professor, London University
- Handle courses in basic literature concepts, world literature, and poetry.
- Write and edit literary works for publication in newsletters and books.
- Provide literary review of students’ works.
2000 – 2003: Master of Science in Literature, London University
1996 – 2000: Bachelor of Science in Literature, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.