Law professors are employed in universities, colleges and other higher education academic institutions. They are certified lawyers who have chosen to focus on teaching as their main profession although some continue practicing as attorneys in minimal occasions allowed by university rules. Law professors are adept in national and international laws and the various cases that demonstrate the outcome and resolution of actual cases. They teach different courses for students taking up law and may also specialize in a particular field such as human rights, family and relations, as well as labour and international law.
Sample Law Professor CV Template
Pickenham Road, Birmingham
West Midlands, B16 4TG
Intelligent lawyer with positive work attitude is searching for a position as a law professor in a university where I can utilize my skills and knowledge in teaching students to become effective lawyers.
Summary of Qualification
- Five years of professional experience as a law professor.
- Thorough understanding of national and international laws and codes.
- Practiced as a human rights lawyer for two years.
- Familiar with landmark cases in the country and abroad.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Law Professor, Birmingham University
- Assigned to handle three advance courses for third year and fourth year law students.
- Perform duties as a university legal counsel.
- Give legal advice and occasionally accept cases that are of significance.
- Take part in the evaluation and development of the university’s law curriculum.
1998 – 2004: Law Proper, London University
1994 – 1998: Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Birmingham University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.