Employers are interested in an English teacher CV that gives them a clear insight into the character of the applicant. This is because the teachers influence their students a great deal whether at high school, primary or kindergarten level.
Volunteer experience as a social worker or other jobs that involved the direct interaction with young people is desirable in an applicant. Demonstration of effective leadership, good communication skills, and the ability to counsel are skills that if demonstrated well to recruiters in a teacher CV gives you an added edge over the competition. Remember that your language skills are also reflected in your CV therefore avoid any errors of syntax or in spelling. Below is a CV sample for a teacher.
Sample English Teacher CV
123 Eastward St.
New York, NY 456765
(012) 345 – 6789
Position as an English and Literature teacher
- Knowledgewise Secondary Certificate in English-November 2002
- TEFL Certificate, Bridge School, New York- Aug. 2001 – Dec. 2001
- ESL Certificate, Bridge School, New York- Nov. 2000 – June 2001
English Teacher, 2004 – Present
High Pride High School, Any Place, AP
- Teaching American Grammar, Literature and Writing composition to 9th – 12th graders
- Executing portfolio grading system in literature classes
- Incorporating standard text books into the curriculum
- Assessing performance of students throughout the term
- Chaperoning English field trips and School dances
- Providing a stimulating learning environment for Grammar classes in which students can develop their grammatical skills to their full potential
English Teacher, Jan. 2003 – Sept. 2003
Down Pride High School, Any Where, AW
- Utilized computer-assisted educational resources to promote English Grammar and Composition writing skills to 12th graders
- Prepared, facilitated, and implemented remedial programs for 9th – 11th graders requiring extra help
- Evaluated and communicated progress made by students, and networked with other professionals to discuss students needs on individual basis
- Facilitated and supervised extracurricular activities
- Wrote and taught dynamic lesson plans
- A talent for involving and inspiring students of all ability levels
- Ability to effectively establish rapport with students from diverse cultural backgrounds and to tailor English teaching methods to suit their individual needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities, with tested skills of conveying the subject material in an accessible and inductive manner
- Highly developed computer skills, with comprehensive experience of exploiting technology in the classroom to make the most of the learning experience
Speech & Debate, Essay Writing, Theatre, Track & Field events. An opportunity to coach extracurricular activities is most welcome.
B.A., English and Literature, 1999
West Gate University, Any Place, AP