English Speech Instructors are experts not just in the English language but more importantly on their correct spoken properties. They train students and professional to improve their conversational and formal speaking abilities, either as part of a self-improvement course or as standard curriculum in business, arts, political and social course. These include drama and acting, broadcast journalism as well as speech improvement for foreign students and diplomats, politicians and corporate executives.
English Speech Instructor CV Format
Ophelia V. West
King St., Moilili, Honolulu
Phone: (808) 335-8576
To work as an English Speech Instructor for a self-improvement language institute or courses specializing in enhancing speech
2000 – Present: English Speech Instructor, Moilili Speech Academy
- Coordinate with English language faculty head in the design and development of speech curriculum in both regular and special speech courses.
- Adapt regular English speech courses to accommodate self-improvement and personalized on specialized sessions.
- Conduct summer speech courses for students and private individuals
- Coordinate with speech pathologists and related medical practitioners for special cases where speech difficulties go beyond ability to correct.
- Meet and ascertain speaking patterns, vocal projections, verbal enunciations, body mannerisms and stage confidence levels to provide feedback to students on the level of their speech problems.
- Conduct regular extemporaneous and read speeches to gauge progress of learning.
Skills and Qualification
- More than 10 years of experience in English education with focus on speech
- Extensive mastery of the English language in conversational and formal speech.
2002 – 2004: Masters in English, Honolulu State University
1997 – 2000: BA English, University of Phoenix, Brookfield campus.
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request