College secretaries are employed in colleges, universities and other academic institutions. They work under the supervision of college deans or heads and perform important clerical duties with some support administrative functions. College secretaries perform basic duties such as maintaining the daily calendar and coordination of activities and events that involve the college. They are responsible for coordinating appointments with students, staff, faculty, or guests as well as setting meetings. College secretaries may also be tasked to coordinate special projects. Employers require a minimum of high school diploma and training while others also require a minimum of a year work experience.
Sample College Secretary CV Template
Huddleston Road, Holloway
London, N7 1EH
Trained and responsible individual is seeking a job as a college secretary in a university where I can practice my skills while also gaining experience on the job.
Summary of Qualification
- With three years of work experience as a college secretary.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong people management and social skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: College Secretary, London University
- Maintain and organize all files and records of the college and also ensure proper storage of the college head’s historical files and reports.
- Responsible for receiving guests and individuals with appointments with college head.
- Answer the phone and note down messages.
With high school diploma and clerical training.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.