College deans are employed in academic institutions where they perform an important administrative function. College deans are responsible for directing and supervising all aspects of academic activities. They administer academic policies, ensure the evaluation and assessment of instructional delivery and faculty performance, as well as ensure that the academic excellence is attained in the college by implementing college courses and classes that are in compliance with university and government standards. College deans are important in making sure that universities are well-managed. This position requires a high level of educational background and experience because of the complex nature and wide range of tasks that they perform.
Sample College Dean CV Template
Birmingham, West Midlands, B37 7NA
Dedicated and hard-working education professional is seeking employment as a college dean in a university that ensures the delivery of quality education to its students.
Summary of Qualification
- Six years of professional experience as a college dean with experience in teaching.
- Superb management and organizational skills.
- Familiar with local and national education standards and policies.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a college.
- Exceptional skills in interacting with multi-faceted individuals.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: College Dean, Birmingham University
- Review and help develop college curricula to ensure that these are updated and comply with accreditation standards.
- Involved in the recruitment and hiring of competitive faculty.
- Develop effective plan in providing excellent service to students.
2000 – 2003: Master of Science in Education Management, Birmingham University
1996 – 2000: Bachelor of Science in Education, Birmingham University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.