Adult Literacy and Remedial Education Teachers are specially trained educators who handle classes for adults who have failed to complete undergraduate courses, secondary courses or are interested in shifting to new careers as well as out of school youths who have grown too old to enter school. These educators recognize that their students may already have families, careers and community concerns that do not exist for regular students and adjust their courses to accommodate them.
Adult Literacy and Remedial Education Teacher CV Format
Patricia V. Lester
Elm St., Dallas, Texas
Phone: (214) 088-4523
To work as an Adult Literacy and Remedial Education Teacher for an educational institution that offers special learning programs for adults.
2003 – Present: Adult Literacy and Remedial Education Teacher, DeVry University
- Coordinate with faculty heads in developing and adopting standard curriculum and class schedules to accommodate adults using a more flexible instructional methodology.
- For basic and secondary education designed for adults, adapt or modify standard elementary or high school curriculum to append their educational levels.
- For adult vocational education, coordinate with and tap into subject matter experts to adapt curriculum to complete relevant vocational course F
- For English literacy, develop English language courses to improve English proficiency.
- Observe schedule of classes and update webpage for online remedial courses offered online.
- Strong organizational competence to handle multiple classes
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills to interact with faculty and mature students.
- Excellent people and time management skills.
Received commendations in 2005 and 2008 for successfully completing the high school courses of more than 1,000 out of school youths in each of the years
2000 – 2003: BA Commerce, DeVry University
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request