The Risk Management Director works with the corporate legal and finance departments to identify and analyze business, operational and finance risks factors the company may face in its transactions with its markets, government and the general public. Once these risks have been appraised, the Risk Management Director advices the CEO to adopt measures like insurance coverages, hedge funds, or securities to minimize the potential loses associated with these risks if and when they happen.
Sample Risk Management Director CV Template
Ernst K. D. Shaw
Victoria Rd., Birmingham, England
Phone: 0121 541 5576
To work as a Risk Management Director in a service or manufacturing company
2007 – Present: Risk Management Director – Land Rover, Castle Bromwich
- Identify potential risks from within and outside the company.
- Determine thresholds levels where risks become acceptable versus the cost of insurance coverages to eliminate risks.
- Develop plans, policies and procedures to neutralize or reduce monetary impact of realized threats and reduce the company’s exposure or financials risks
- Recommend risk avoidance procedures whenever applicable.
1996 – 2007: Corporate Non-Life Insurance Manager, Prudential Life, UK
- Evaluate and process client application for non-life insurance
- Maintain and update record on application, reinstatements, renewals and cancellations of insurance plans
- Extensive knowledge of business and industry risks and corresponding mitigation options
- Excellent management and organizing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Portfolio of identified risks successfully mitigated available on request during interview
2000 – 2003: MBA Major in Risk Management, Coventry University, West Midlands
1992 – 1996: BS in Management, University of Reading, Berkshire
To be furnished upon request