The Event Director is responsible for planning, organizing, stage-managing, and orchestrating the many elements in an occasion slated for celebration. Events can be public like parades but are more often corporate like promotions, sponsored sports events, product launchings, trade exhibitions, conference seminars, etc. The Event Director is the point man in any of these events to make sure the occasion is staged to achieve its main objectives.
Event Director CV Format
Norman C. Cullen
Ford St., Detroit, Michigan
Phone: (586) 799-4983
To work as an Event Director in the promotions or marketing department of a large consumer company
2000 – Present: Event Director, Marketing, Ford Motors
- Coordinate with marketing and promotions for scheduled corporate activities in product launchings, car show exhibits, sports sponsorships, sponsored movie premieres, corporate anniversaries and other corporate events.
- Coordinate with talent managers when inviting celebrities to grace corporate events and sponsorships
- Coordinate with media personalities to ensure adequate broadcast, print and online coverage of corporate events, whether delayed on in real time.
- Plan and organize event details and conduct initial meetings with participants to ensure they know their roles during the occasions.
- Ensure that staging of events is within approved budgets.
Skills and Qualification
- Excellent promotions and event management skills
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills with high tolerance for working long hours and under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Received commendations in 2004 and 2006 for successful product launching and trade exhibit management
2000 – Present: In-house seminars on stage and event management, promotions management, and marketing principles
1997 – 2000: BA Advertising, Chicago State University
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request