The director of purchasing or purchasing director is part of the executive marketing team of business industries. He/she is responsible for managing and directing any purchases and related matters done by the company. The purchasing director ensures that all purchases are within the company budget for particular needs and that all purchases are legal and for the realistic needs of the company. If not controlled, company purchases may greatly affect the finances of the company and create problems if purchases are done to serve personal needs or preferences. Purchasing directors are responsible individuals who have firm decision-making skills and are knowledgeable in financial accounting.
Sample Director Of Purchasing CV Template
London, SW9 2EU
Credible and reliable professional is hoping to join a promising company as a director of purchasing and utilize my expertise in financial management for the benefit of the company.
Summary of Qualification
- With five years of experience working as director of purchasing.
- Sound understanding of sales and financial accounting principles.
- Knowledgeable of business operations and trends in the global market.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent people management and time management skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Purchasing Director, Delicious Foods Co.
- Make a purchasing plan and budget proposal for approval by executives.
- Monitor and oversee the purchase of any equipment or materials by the company.
- Assess the gains of the company in making purchases and help decide purchases that are needed.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.