The Director for Labor Relations manages a team of officers in promoting and maintaining healthy labor-management relations. He approves all staff recommendations and resolutions on matters that include development and promulgation of the corporate Code of Discipline, employment contracts, disciplinary actions, grievance and labor dispute arbitration, labor cases, collective bargaining negotiations and employment termination.
Sample Director for Labor Relations CV Template
Darwin B. Pierce
West Rd., Birmingham, England
Phone: 0121 554 8667
To work as a Director for Labor Relations in a service or manufacturing company
2003 – Present: Director – Labor Relations, Halfords, West Midlands
- Implement and administer the company’s approved Code of Discipline.
- Develop and draft the employment contracts for regular, probationary and contractual employment at all levels
- Manage employee grievances, office harassment complaints and disciplinary actions.
- Oversee management team in any collective bargaining negotiation with the union.
- Coordinate with corporate Legal teams in handling labor court cases.
- Gather relevant information any disciplinary action, court case or termination proceedings.
- Administer and conduct programs approved for fostering labor management relations.
1995 – 2003: Labor Relations Officer, Halfords, West Midlands
- Has sufficient knowledge on labor laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills to deal with employees across all levels and departments.
- Has excellent computer proficiency in the use of word processing and spreadsheets
Cited by management for tireless effort in containing union demands in 2005.
1999 – 2001: MBA, Coventry University, West Midlands
1991 – 1995: BS in Public Administration, Birmingham City University
To be furnished upon request