Business development directors are employed by business companies involved in different lines of industries from construction, clothing and accessories, as well as services such as telecommunications. Business development directors are mainly responsible for developing and implementing strategic sales plans that would increase the competitive edge and profitable sales of the company. They are highly skilled in leading the company to achieve its corporate goals and meeting the needs of the clients and customers by constantly improving the company’s products and services. Business development directors handle a team of employees which they lead in creating new business opportunities and enhancing existing ones.
Sample Business Development Director CV Template
Mile End Road
London, E5 4NS
Innovative and work-driven individual is searching for a job as a business development director in a company where my competitive skills can be honed and utilized.
Summary of Qualification
- Five years of work experience as a business development director.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and business acumen.
- Excellent leadership skills and motivation skills.
- Skilled in negotiation and persuasion.
- Flexible and execution-oriented.
- Able to apply technical/scientific knowledge.
- A team player with capacity to handle several workers.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Business Development Director, Creations Marketing Corporation
- Contact and meet with prospective customers and business partners to discuss proposals.
- Create and lead the implementation of sales strategies to increase business profit.
- Lead a team in ensuring sales plans and meeting targets.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.