Interior Design CVs should reflect a creative mind. Securing a job in the interior design field requires that you use your CV to demonstrate to the recruiter your creativity, ability to work both as an individual and ability to adapt to different situations. Your CV should demonstrate that you are conversant with different styles and are willing to try new approaches.
In your work as an interior designer, you will be required to integrate the clients’ likes and dislikes with your own creativity to come up with something new that meets the clients’ needs. Employers should be able to gather all this information within the few seconds they take to glance at your CV. Shown below is a sample CV used by an interior designer in the process of a applying for a job. When recruiters see this kind of an interior designer CV they are bound to call you for that all important interview.
Sample Interior Designer CV
Emmanuel Sebastian Ambrose
53rd Madison Avenue
Telephone No: 1232 23443 34
Mobile No: 434 545 6556
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovative and creative interior designer seeking a position in a design company that offers the opportunity to work in privately owned homes. The position should allow for the application of good communication skills and the ability to integrate ideas from different sources to come up with an innovative design. Willing to put the clients’ needs first and work to meet their satisfaction.
Diploma in Graphic Design-New York Polytechnic- 2002 – 2003
BA in Interior Design- New York School of Design-1998 – 2002
2002 – 2007: Freelance Interior and Graphic Designer
- Designed company cards and logos
- Designed and printed banners for different events
- Advised home owners and provided them with tips in designing their own homes
- Oversaw the renovation of privately owned homes
- Designed personal and company interior crafts
- Designed office and home furniture
- Started a freelance interior and graphic design company
- Head of design team for the New York Polytechnic Campus Magazine, NewZine
- Winner of the New York Young Designers award in the interior design category beating over 2000 other designers in New York
- Second place in the ‘Up and Coming’ fashion design exhibition in the interior design category
- Received good reviews from Martha Stewart and Oprah for the redesign of the Mayor’s Country home in Dallas