The Home Theater Designer typically works with interior design firms and specialized in designing audiovisual rooms for home entertainment. Apart from being grounded in interior design principles, the Home Theater Designer calls for knowledge of acoustics science to bring out the best in consumer audio playback systems as well as lighting technologies to optimize room video projection systems. Aided with sound pressure detecting and light measuring instruments, they make the most of any room allocated often as an afterthought to make it the center of home entertainment for the whole family.
Sample Home Theater Designer CV Template
Denis V. Gardner
Broad St., Reading, UK
Phone: 0118 5449 4454
To work as Home Theater Designer for a large interior design or architectural firm
2006 – Present: Home Theater Designer, Revex AV Specialist, Reading
- Meet with clients together with resident Interior Designer or Architect to finalize home theater design details
- Create theater designs based on existing home audio and video playback systems or create entirely new designs based on room size
- Recommend appropriate audio and video equipment for the given room size, acoustics, lighting and budget constraints.
- Recommend 3rd party contractors in the construction of the home theater
- Supervise installation, configuration and testing of sound and video systems in the designed theater interior.
- Provide service warranty in the installation, independent of hardware warrantees that go with each equipment
- Thorough knowledge of interior design, acoustics and lighting principles
- Excellent supervisory and organizing as well as project management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
Portfolio of home theater rooms constructed todate available during interview
2003 – 2004: Diploma in Acoustics Technology, Lambeth College’s Career Academy, London
1998 – 2003: BA Interior Design, Bradford University
To be furnished upon request