As you write your resume for a retail manager for instance, one thing matters and that is performance. Whether you are a cashier, salesperson, manager, shop assistant or merchandiser you need a strong CV. It should demonstrate your contributions to your former company’s success. Make it easy for your recruiter to determine your key qualifications and job target. Read the job advertisement to have a good idea of what the recruiter or hiring personnel is looking for. Here is a CV template for a retail manager you can use as a guide.
Sample CV Template
Kelly S. Patrone
Unit 2, Nottingham South NG85
Ruddington Lane 4HR
Mobile Number: 983 166 09121
Telephone Number: 0119 882 1092
Enthusiastic retail manager with extensive experience in all areas of the retail field. Exceptional leader with the ability to initiate goals and achieve them in a timely manner. Believe in motivating each other so as to work with inspiration from conception till completion. I am a proactive worker who thinks critically and logically when faced with challenges.
2003 – 2005: Masters in Business Administration, University of Cambridge
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Science in Business Management, University of Birmingham
2005 – Present: Retail Manager, Bradford Inc.
- Motivating and developing staff members to be responsible in meeting budgetary targets
- Controlling of store accounts according to the set criteria for net profit
- Reviewing and evaluating weekly sales turn outs and presenting a report to CEO
- Maximizing every sale opportunity by offering the best customer care and placing reasonable prices on goods
- Ensuring staff is motivated, productive and successful in their own departments
- Developing and managing the stores monthly incentives to customers
- Creating a suggestion box to be aware of customer concerns, and making use of criticism to promote growth.
- Taking note of loop holes and finding ways to fill them up
- Introducing seminars for staff, as a way to educate them on better practices that will benefit the company
- Increased sales growth by an outstanding 50% in the store
- Had a total increase in turnover of an excess 1 million pounds per year
- Turned the failing business around to a reputable successful one
- Won over 3000 pounds bonuses in a league of 30 other retail managers