A curriculum Vitae or CV as it is popularly called; creates your first impression on the employer’s mind. It can either make or break your most crucial chance of getting that much aspired job. Hence, it is important that you consider the below mentioned points while making your CV.
- Consider the job that you are applying for. Each and every part of your CV must showcase experience and expertise related to the job profile that you are applying for.
- Mention your work experience, education and extracurricular skill set as relevant to the current job opening.
- Your CV must make you stand out amongst the rest of the applicants by clearly mentioning your expertise and enthusiasm in the current job opening.
- Do not indulge in information overload as far as your CV is concerned. Your prospective employer is not interested in knowing anything and everything about you. He is only interested in knowing how would your candidature suit the job opening?
- Evaluate if your current job opening is yet another job opening or can it be a stepping stone in your career. If it is, your CV should reflect your role in building your career and the company’s future.
Besides, be innovative while writing your CV. Remember, a good CV also showcases clarity of thought and focus of mind. Hence a good CV is always the one which is well thought through.