Construction and Building Inspectors oversee the compliance of architected civil works (i.e., highways, roads, bridges, dams, etc.) and structures (commercial and residential buildings, manufacturing plants, etc.) against mandated city building codes, safety and environment regulations. In addition, they check structural integrity and compliance with approved construction specifications. They often work in a team each specializing in various construction areas such as residential, commercial and government public works.
Sample Construction and Building Inspector CV Template
Helga G. Sawyer
Cable St., Lancaster, England
To work as an Construction and Building Inspector for a large metropolis
2001 – Present: Construction and Building Inspector, Lancaster City Engineering Office
- Conduct site visits and inspection of modified and newly built structures to check compliance with building codes and government building, environmental and safety regulations.
- Perform inspections during construction process and document checklist findings.
- Issue construction violation notices for any building code infractions with recommendations on how to address.
- Issue work stoppage if violation notices remain unaddressed.
- Coordinate with city engineers in the development and updating of building codes
- Coordinate with building contractors in the implementation of new building codes.
- Provide seal of approval for building blueprints that pass specifications.
- Above average organizational and computational skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Cited by City Mayor in 2005 and 2007 for excellent incident-free construction projects
2001: passed the Engineering Council’s professional regulatory qualification as a Chartered Engineer
1996 – 2001: BS Civil Engineering, Edge Hill University, Lancashire
Can be provided upon request.