The job of a boat builder is very crucial because they are responsible for developing a whole new design of boat by keeping in mind, all the technical aspects of the construction process and safety standards. There are various considerations while constructing a boat like the calculation of the weight that it would have to withstand, the length to width ratio etc. A boat builder CV must showcase accurate technical knowledge and good mathematical skills so as to do the job perfectly.
Sample Boat Builder CV
75 Arlington Street
Contact No: 617 425 2102
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Performance Areas
For the last three years, I am actively engaged in the boat manufacturing process. I am acquainted with the various calculative methods associated with the construction process such as calculating the maximum weight capacity, calculating the safe load weight etc. I am now knowledgeable about the floating techniques and have performed the stability tests also.
To get a position as a boat builder so that I can use my past experience and technical knowledge in designing high quality boats for supply to various clients of the organization.
DMS International, 2009- Till Date
ü I handled the task of boat building, right from the initial phase i.e. the design phase according to the specific needs and requirements of the clients.
ü I crafted the design by taking advice from the fellow designers.
ü I conducted all the measurement procedures very carefully so as to minimize even the minute mistakes that can happen in the construction phase.
ü In addition, I was also analyzing all the electronic controlling equipments that are to be fitted in the boat.
ü Moreover, I was also handling the documentation tasks like preparing the list of raw materials and estimating the associated cost of the projects etc.
- High School Diploma in Mechanical engineering, Alfred University, 2007
- Pursued vocational training course titled ‘Marine mechanic course’, Ulster College of marine technology, 2008
- Ability to read and understand the instruction manuals.
- Familiar with the operation of the electrical and electronic equipments that are to be installed in the boat.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software.
- Sound knowledge of the automation concepts.
Available on request.