Television reporters are employed by television networks. They are journalists who are responsible for broadcasting news reports over the television, either through live feeds or taped news reports. Television reporters work on the field and have to cover events and activities together with a camera crew to get images. They have to investigate and conduct research about the stories that they will report prior to the event and gather data during the actual event. Television reporters have to conduct interviews of personalities and other persons on site of the actual coverage and may also conduct interviews in other places that are related to the news event.
Sample Television Reporter CV Template
Birmingham, B16 2LF
Reliable and resourceful journalist is searching for a position as a television reporter for a reputable network where I can enhance my reporting skills and help the network air accurate news reports.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess five years of professional experience as a television reporter.
- Skilled in investigatory and research work.
- Exceptional skill in written and oral communication.
- Familiar with journalism standards and ethics.
- Can work long hours and odd hours to cover events.
- Capable of strictly meeting deadlines.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Television Reporter, UK Network
- Attend press conferences to gather data and get footages.
- Cover events and write news reports to be aired during primetime news program.
- Interview personalities related to news story.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Birmingham University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.