Television hosts work for television networks where they host different kinds of television programs such as the news program, variety shows, or talk shows. Television hosts are in charge of serving as emcee of programs and ensure the smooth flow of the program from one part to another and from commercial breaks. They have to look good and be comfortable in front of the camera aside from having good voice quality. Television hosts read scripts during programs but also need to improvise and make their own lines on the spot in certain instances, especially in cases that glitches occur. Television hosts are mostly journalism or communications graduates.
Sample Television Host CV Template
Bell Street, Dundee, DD3 1HG
Driven and active individual with a pleasant voice and character is seeking a job as a television host where my skills can be maximized and can contribute to having smooth television programs.
Summary of Qualification
- With six years of professional experience as a television host.
- Excellent voice timbre and control.
- Possess a clear voice with proper diction and pronunciation.
- Effective in communicating ideas to a live audience.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of subjects including science, current events, and entertainment.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Television Host, CNC Television Network
- Attend orientation and briefing of program crew before airing of each episode.
- Help prepare a script for hosting the program.
- Interact with audience and talk to them on-stage during the program.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Dundee University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.