Television editors work for television networks or companies providing video editing services. Television editors are responsible for using raw video and audio footages and creating a final production depending on the script and specifications of program directors or managers. They are mostly responsible for conducting post-production work for television programs and work closely with directors and script writers to be able to create an outcome that is at par with their requirements. Television editors must be knowledgeable of using computer applications for video editing and must be familiar with editing principles and techniques. They can be formally trained or self-taught but a good educational background is a plus for employers.
Sample Television Editor CV Template
St. Andrews, KY15 9AJ
Proactive and flexible professional is seeking a job as a television editor for a top television network that provides challenging work and avenues for career growth.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of work experience as a television editor.
- Adept in the use of video editing applications such as Final Cut Pro.
- A keen eye for detail and artistry.
- Possess a high level of creativity and originality.
- Knowledgeable of improving video quality of raw footages.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Television Editor, CCN Television Network
- Scan raw footages and select relevant footages for editing.
- Read storyline and work with director to achieve preferred editing work.
- Utilize different computer applications to enhance and improve the resulting edited work.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.