Sports announcers may work for radio or television networks, mostly for sports and news programs airing coverage of sports events. Sports announcers must first and foremost possess vast knowledge of different kinds of sports, their history and current news, figures, as well as the athletes involved in each sport. Sports announcers must have a genuine interest in sports. Most effective sports announcers are former athletes that have experience and hands-on information that they can share to viewers or listeners who can feel that the sports announcer is credible. Sports announcers do not need formal training but must conduct a lot of research and read the sports news to be able to grasp a wealth of information during sports events.
Sample Sports Announcer CV Template
Ellison Apartments, Nottingham, NG6 2RD
Quick thinker with a passion for sports is looking for employment as a sports announcer for a promising television network where I can contribute my knowledge and interest in gaining a wide audience following.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess three years of work experience as a sports announcer.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong skills in interacting with people and interviewing sports personalities.
- Highly knowledgeable of different kinds of sports and personalities.
- Abreast of current data about sports and the athletes.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Sports Announcer, Sports Unlimited Program
- Propose topics and sports events to cover.
- Cover different sports events and provide reports from start to finish.
- Give analysis and comments about sports events.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.