Sign language interpreters are professionals who are trained in using sign language. They may be employed in hospitals, schools, courts, or television programs that cater to hearing-impaired, deaf and mute individuals. Sign language interpreters may also be personally hired by those who are not able to speak and use sign language as their main means of communication. Sign language interpreters are very important in helping those that cannot speak to communicate with others and understand what others are saying. They make sure that they are translating the message and ideas that are being conveyed in verbal dialogue while also ensuring that they do not add their personal ideas or opinions.
Sample Sign Language Interpreter CV Template
Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 7TJ
Patient and motivated individual is seeking a position as a sign language interpreter for a school where my skills can be utilized in helping impaired individuals learn and communicate well.
Summary of Qualification
- With four years of work experience as a sign language interpreter.
- Highly skilled in interpreting verbal dialogue at a fast pace.
- Knowledgeable of interpreting technical terms and ideas.
- Exposed to performing interpreting duties inside a classroom.
- Highly motivated and possess a passion for helping others.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Sign Language Interpreter, Norfolk School
- Assist at least one student every day in attending classes and performing laboratory experiments.
- Read books and lessons of deaf student.
- Help student in communicating with classmates and teachers.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, Norfolk College
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.