Short story writers work for publishing companies, literature organizations, and magazines. Most are freelance writers who write short stories based on their own ideas and subjects after which they look for publishers or funders to have the story published. Many short story writers have their works published as a collection of short stories. Short story writers specialize in writing short stories but may also be knowledgeable in writing other kinds of literature such as stories and poems. They can hold degrees in communications and fine arts or may be self-taught and attended trainings and workshops.
Sample Short Story Writer CV Template
Newton St Loe
Bath, BA2 9BN
Committed and creative writer is hoping to become a short story writer of a magazine where I can hone my talent and share my works to many readers.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of experience as a short story writer.
- Excellent grasp of the English language.
- Creative and original in writing short stories.
- Can write short stories tackling different subjects and themes.
- Skilled in editing and writing other kinds of literature.
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Short Story Writer, Literature Today
- Write at least four short stories each week for publication in magazine.
- Brainstorm story ideas and discuss them with editors.
- Look for inspiration for stories by interacting with different personalities.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, Bath University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.