Scriptwriters work for advertising agencies, television networks, film production companies, or theatre groups. They write different kinds of scripts for various purposes such as television announcements, advertisements, soap operas, movies, comedies and the like that are shown on screen or on stage. Scriptwriters are very creative and knowledgeable of different forms of writing. Scriptwriters may be formally educated or may have received some training and extensive practice. They must be abreast of trends in the field they are writing for to be able to write scripts that can capture wide audiences and are interesting.
Sample Scriptwriter CV Template
Edinburgh, EH9 9YL
Passionate and well-trained scriptwriter is looking for a job in a television network where my writing abilities can be honed and maximized in producing excellent television programs.
Summary of Qualification
- Six years of work experience as a scriptwriter.
- Capable of writing scripts for different purposes.
- Exposed to writing scripts for films and television programs.
- Outstanding command of the English language.
- Meticulous and creative in accomplishing work.
- Excellent editing and research skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Scriptwriter, Children’s Television Network
- Research about programs that are child-friendly and meet government standards.
- Write scripts for television shows that are educational and informative.
- Interact with children to know their likes and interests.
- Revise scripts based on recommendations and comments of producers and co-writers.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, Edinburgh College
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.