Screenwriters are professional writers who write scripts specifically used in films which are called screenplays. Screenplays contain numerous information that are important in properly filming the movie or production. Screenwriters must include in screenplays the particular setting of each scene, the mood and manner in which actors or actresses must deliver their lines, the background theme and music, and other elements that must be described to complete the scene. Screenwriters may work for particular film studio or may write screenplays which they sell to film producers. Screenwriters brainstorm story ideas, write the screen play, edit it to suit the requirements of film producers, and format the screenplays.
Sample Screenwriter CV Template
Prince Consort Road
London, SW6 2BS
Extremely creative and innovative screenplay writer is seeking to join a film studio in writing screenplays that are potential blockbuster hits and of high quality.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of experience writing screenplays for a film studio.
- Proficient in written and oral communication.
- With a high level of creativity and originality.
- Possess a sense of trends and technology in the film industry.
- Knowledgeable in basic conversational French.
- Has written screenplays and movie adaptations of novels.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Screenwriter, Real Life Productions
- Research and come up with screenplay ideas.
- Plan and draft screenplays and present to film producers.
- Complete screenplays that fit the budget and consider the recommendations of film producers.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.