Radio operators work for telecommunication companies, transportation companies such as ships and aircrafts, the military, or other companies providing radio communication services. Radio operators are responsible for operating radio equipment to be able to transmit communication to vessels such as ships, aircrafts, or to remote locations such as satellite stations in mountainous areas or scout ranger stations. Radio operators must be capable of operating specific equipment for the job. They must also be capable of doing basic repair and maintenance of radio equipment. Radio operators need to possess technical skills and knowledgeable of basic communication principles.
Sample Radio Operator CV Template
Oxford Building, Nottingham, NG6 2RD
Responsible and industrious individual is looking for a job as a radio operator for a company where I will be able to gain experience on the job while learning new skills.
Summary of Qualification
- Two years of work experience as a radio operator.
- Knowledgeable in using radiotelegraph or radiotelephone equipment.
- Knowledgeable in broadcasting and transmission principles.
- Sound knowledge of electronic equipment maintenance and repair.
- Good control precision and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: Radio Operator, New World Shipping Co.
- Operate radio equipment to be able to provide safe and clear communication to ships and other vessels.
- Air broadcasts of weather reports and updates.
- Help in airing important information in locating ships.
- Maintain radio equipment and do repairs if needed.
Possess high school diploma and training in radio operations.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.