Publicists work for talent agencies, literary agencies, or may be privately hired by specific clients such as authors, actors, and entertainers or performers. They are responsible for promoting their client to the press and ensuring that they have maximum public exposure through different kinds of media. Publicists regularly communicate with media people and maintain good relations with them. They create media plans for their clients to make sure that they are interviewed and appear on television shows, radio, and other forms of media and that they have a good public image. Publicists represent their clients regularly and speak on behalf of their clients especially in the face of negative issues they are involved in.
Sample Publicist CV Template
Houghton Street, London, WC6A 2AE
Amiable and responsible individual seeking a position as a publicist for a client where I can share my skills and ensure a positive public image and media exposure for my client.
Summary of Qualification
- With three years of work experience as a publicist.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Self-confident with a pleasing personality.
- Knowledgeable of marketing principles as well as media relations work.
- Excellent people management and time management skills.
- Outstanding social and interpersonal skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Publicist for several actors
- Responsible for communicating with media for interviews and to clear issues involving clients.
- Organize and handle press conferences of clients.
- Release official statements in behalf of clients to give side on negative issues.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.