Proofreaders are tasked to highlight errors of a written material and suggest changes to be made to the document. He/she usually makes a duplicate of the submitted document and indicates the suggested corrections on that duplicate. The editor, on the other hand, is the one in charged to manipulate the document.
The resume of a proofreader shall give emphasis to his/her professional and educational background and to his/her skills and qualities that are needed for the job.
Sample Proofreader CV Template
36 Wyatts Lane, Walthamstow,
London, E17 3JD
Phone: 020 7385 2829
To become part of a renowned and credible publication as a Proofreader
1997-2003: Proofreader, Ace Publishing Co.
- Created copies of a written material highlighting the modifications made to inform the editor/writer about the proposed corrections
- Ensured that the write-ups are of consistent writing style and format
2003-Present:Editor, Ace Publishing Co.
- Did necessary revisions of news and feature articles
- Assigned specific stories to be covered by reporters/writers
1990-1993: Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Major in Journalism, Walthamstow Academy of Communications
1993-1996: Master of Science in Mass Communication, Liverpool State University
Skills and Qualities:
- Has excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Has the ability to work effectively despite time constraints and pressure
- Very keen into details
- An excellent team player
- Organized and systematic
- Professional and objective
- Fluent in English and French
Available upon request.