Playwrights work for theatre production groups where they write plays for staging in theatres. They may write plays based on their own ideas or they may also write plays based on ideas or concepts of the theatre production group. Other playwrights write plays which they eventually present to theatre groups who may be interested in staging the play or they may look for financial source to fund the staging of the play. Playwrights are very creative and skilled writers who may be self-trained or may have finished a degree related to writing. Playwrights have to constantly improve their skill and search for new ideas to write about. They must develop their own style to become known playwrights like Shakespeare.
Sample Playwright CV Template
London, NW2 5HT
Talented and hard-working playwright is hoping to become part of a theatre company where I can write plays that are original and attract a wide audience.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of experience as a playwright for a theatre group.
- Skilled in writing different kinds of plays from tragedies to comedies.
- Can adapt themes of plays from historical or realistic sources.
- Abreast of trends in the theatre industry.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Playwright, London Theatre Company
- Come up with story ideas and present to the theatre group for comments.
- Write plays that are relevant and timely.
- Edit and revise plays if necessary.
- Write theatre adaptations of books and movies.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.