Opinion writers work in newspapers, magazines, newsletters and other publications. Opinion writers are regular staff of publications that are tasked to write opinion articles such as columns. They have exceptional writing skills and are skilled in expressing intelligent views and opinions about varying subjects, mostly about relevant, current and controversial issues that affect the country or the people. Opinion writers may also be writers in other sections of the publication or may be reporters and correspondents that have the additional task of writing opinion articles occasionally. To become an opinion writer, an individual must have significant experience as a journalist or writer.
Sample Opinion Writer CV Template
Ceredigion, SA47 7ED
Responsible and intelligent writer is seeking a job as an opinion writer in a newspaper where I can share my carefully weighed ideas and views about a variety of subjects and issues.
Summary of Qualification
- Six years of experience as an opinion writer.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of writing news articles as well as columns.
- Experienced in responding to reader’s letters.
- Possess a wealth of knowledge about different themes in life.
- Abreast of various national and international issues.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Opinion Writer, UK Today
- Write a regular column that is published twice a week about different aspects of family life.
- Occasionally tasked to respond to reader’s letters asking for advice.
- Sometimes writes news articles.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.