Online editors are communications graduates who are employed in the internet industry. They are responsible for overseeing the content and grammar of online publications such as online newspapers and magazines. Online publications have different requirements for articles such that there are some articles that are not published in print media that can be found in the online version of publications. Online newspapers for example can post regular updated versions of news events and also have the leeway of posting articles that are less important. Online editors must therefore be familiar with the principles of online publications and possess excellent writing and editing skills.
Sample Online Editor CV Template
Parkgate Road, Chester, CH2 4BJ
Conscientious and driven writer is seeking a position as an online editor where my expertise in online publication can be utilized and can contribute to the publication’s success.
Summary of Qualification
- Five years of expertise as an online editor.
- Familiar with the principles of online publication.
- Outstanding command of the English language for written and oral communication.
- Strong editing and research skills.
- Skilled in writing and editing different kinds of articles.
- Excellent social and management skills.
- Adept in relevant computer applications.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Online Editor, UK Online
- Manage the planning and selection of articles.
- Edit articles to suit the internet media.
- Write editorials and opinion articles occasionally.
- Give recommendations and training to staff and other editors.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Chester University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.