Non-fiction writers are writers who are skilled not only in writing but also in conducting research and gathering data. Non-fiction writer write material that are based on real life events, accounts, and stories. The information they write in their works must be accurate and correct since they are writing about persons, places and events that are real and part of history. Non-fiction writers may write different forms of writing such as essays, short stories, biographies, and novels. They may be employed by publishing and book companies, or they may also write manuscripts which they pitch to publishers or seek for funding to be published.
Sample Non-Fiction Writer CV Template
Bloomsbury, London, WC2E 7HX
Resourceful and dedicated writer is looking for a job as a non-fiction writer for a publishing company where I can hone my skills as well as contribute my work to a growing company.
Summary of Qualification
- Six years of work experience as a non-fiction writer.
- Capable of writing different forms of written material such as essays and novels.
- Familiar with trends and popular work in non-fiction writing.
- Excellent grasp of the English language for written and oral communication.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Non-fiction writer, Reality Publishing House
- Research for events, personalities, or real life stories that can be written about.
- Gather data and conduct interviews if needed.
- Draft manuscripts and edit it to fit the needs of the publisher.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.