News writers work for newspaper organizations and tri-media groups. They are responsible for covering events and write news articles soon-after for publication in newspaper dailies the day after or in news weeklies at the end of the week. News articles may also appear in magazines that are published monthly or quarterly but are mostly treated as news briefs or news features. News writers must be resourceful in covering events and activities to be able to get the most important details and behind-the-scene action that are significant. They must possess skills in data gathering and interviewing as well as possess a pleasant personality to be able to interact well with personalities and other people.
Sample News Writer CV Template
Crown Street, Aberdeen
Resourceful and committed writer is seeking a position as a news writer for a news agency where my abilities in writing and interacting with people can be an advantage to the agency.
Summary of Qualification
- With three years of experience as a news writer.
- With excellent command of the English language.
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent documentation and data gathering skills.
- Skilled in conducting interviews and seeking the right persons to interview.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: News Writer, UK Today
- Assigned events and activities to cover during staff meetings.
- Conduct interviews to gather data.
- Sort and select relevant data and write news articles.
- Rewrite articles until draft is finalized by all editors.
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Aberdeen University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.