News editors are employed by news agencies involved in print publications. They are mainly responsible for supervising news staff in writing news articles for the publication. News editors preside over news staff meetings to discuss the events and personalities that are news-worthy for publication in the news. They are decision-makers in prioritizing events and activities to cover and assigning the fitting writers to take on more difficult assignments. News editors must be highly knowledgeable of all important personalities and must be abreast of events that are current and those that have also taken place in the past. They need to have a good memory and a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
Sample News Editor CV Template
Dartmouth Park Road
London, NW5 1SU
Efficient and knowledgeable journalist is hoping to land a position as a news editor for a top news agency where I can contribute my capabilities in publishing news-worthy events.
Summary of Qualification
- Ten years of work experience as a news editor.
- Five years of work experience as a news writer.
- Outstanding skills in oral and written communication.
- Excellent editing, research, and analytical skills.
- Strong management and administrative skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2000 – Present: News Editor, UK Today
- Oversee the tasking of assignments to news writer during meetings.
- Double-check the data and information in news articles.
- Edit news articles until finalization for associate editor.
- Report to other editors during editorial board meetings.
- Revise articles that need extreme revision.
1995 – 1999: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.