News anchors hold jobs in television networks. They are television news reporters that hold the additional responsibility of serving as the news anchor of news programs. They report news from the station news set for regular news programs. News anchors do not only read news reports but are also involved in writing news articles for reporting. They also gather data, verify facts, sort and organize information to be able to provide news that are timely and worthy of being reported on air. Occasionally, news anchors are assigned to cover significant and controversial events and issues in the field.
Sample News Anchor CV Template
Cambridge, CB3 2HD
Responsible and dynamic journalist is looking for a position as a news anchor for a television network where I can utilize my reporting and writing skills.
Summary of Qualification
- With five years of work experience as a news anchor.
- Outstanding grasp of the English language both in oral and written communication.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills.
- Strong on-air visual presentation.
- Possess a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent data gathering and analysis skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: News Anchor, BCB News Agency
- Evaluate story leads and gather data, facts, and conduct interviews.
- Write articles for reporting.
- Responsible for reading news reports during primetime news program.
- Assigned to cover and write news reports of significant and critical events.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Cambridge University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.